Huddersfield Implant Dentist Dr Mark Willings
Edgerton Dental Clinic are pleased to offer the services of Dr Mark Willings, an experienced implant dentist who has successfully placed many dental implants for patients in and around the Huddersfield area.
Mark V Willings BDS MFGDP(UK) Dip Imp Dent RCS (Eng) FFGDP (UK)
Mark is the Principal of a large family general dental practice and runs his own Dental Implant Clinic along side this, offer dental implant and restorative treatment. After qualifying from Guy’s Hospital in 1991, he subsequently worked in a busy multi-surgery practice in Surrey before joining his father, Eric, in Wakefield. They then consolidated the business and opened Horbury Dental Care in 1998, which has now been owned by 3 generations of the Willings family.
Mark’s clinical practice has encompassed a wide experience of oral surgery casework, including the use of intravenous sedation where required. He has extensive experience in private crown, bridge and denture work.
He has accomplished the following:
- Mark became a Diplomat of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in March 1998.
- In 2004 Mark completed the Diploma in Implant Dentistry at the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) of England.
- Mark worked at Manchester University Dental Hospital, for over 7 years, undertaking surgical aspects of dental implant treatment and has been involved in publishing research projects, looking to further the advancement and science of dental implant treatments.
- Mark has been a Trainer on the Vocational Training Scheme in the Yorkshire Deanery since 2000.
- Mark was awarded the FfGDP Fellowship in 2009.
- He is presently the Director of the Yorkshire Division of the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners (FGDP). The FGDP aims to promote the excellence in primary case dentistry and are committed to raising standards through education.
- Mark’s experience with implants has included training in the UK and abroad. He has completed various training courses with some of the best documented implant systems currently available and is committed to a programme of Postgraduate updates in this area of special interest.
- Mark is also a Clinical Teaching Fellow in Implantology on the University of Manchester MSc Programme and a Tutor for the Royal College of Surgeons Implant Diploma. He carries on to act as a mentor for a number of qualified dentists and is frequently asked to lecture and teach on private courses.
- He is also a member of the Association of Dental Implantologists and lectures nationally on the use of dental implants in practice.